Aztec Soccer was founded in 2000 as a premier youth soccer training club north of Boston which offers a full-scale premier organization committed to giving players the opportunity to succeed at most highest levels. The Aztec programs include Soccer Tots, Early Soccer Development, U7 Pre-Academy, U9 Academy, U10/U11 Academy teams, U12-U14 Junior teams, U15-U18 Premier teams and numerous camps and clinics.
Great story of an Aztec graduate in Colgate senior Kinter named Patriot League player of week.
There are 11 boys teams from U10-U18 and 13 girls teams from U10-U18. The Aztecs organize their team managers, coaches or goalkeepers in keeper training – on “teams.” In addition, they have a Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) team and they were the national finalists in 2012.
The structure of the club is broken out by three broad age groups categories: ages 1-6 (Soccer Tots); 6-11 (Academy); 12-14 (Junior Club) and 15-18 (Premier Club).
There is also an Aztec men and women’s teams during the summer: Twilight Summer League (TSL) and Eastern Mass and Women’s Soccer League (EMWSL). These teams are comprised mainly of Aztec Premier youth players and alumni but also some top players from area college and high school teams. These teams provide high level competition that allows players to prepare for their fall school seasons.
Lastly, Aztec Soccer used to compete in the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) but, as of 2012, will not do so.
For 10 years, Aztec has been developing young players’ technical soccer ability and tactical awareness and instilling a desire to play the game with a passion. The staff creates an environment for players to be challenged by activities and games while experiencing both success and setbacks. This commitment to proper youth development has created a club program with players that understand how to play the game and have a passion and desire to play soccer.
The Aztec staff brings these same principles to the Aztec Summer Camp programs.
- There is a high school camp at Governor’s Academy in Byfield
- Youth camps and clinics also at Governor’s Academy and
- A February vacation clinic at Soccer etc. in Beverly
Soccer Tots is a child physical development program that uses a variety of fun games to delight and engage kids in a physical activity. Classes are professionally designed to develop motor skills, promote physical fitness and create self confidence. Aztec stresses a non-competitive environment and promote fun above all else. Instructor to student ratio is kept small to maximize individual development.
Beginning in 2012 Aztec Soccer hosted the first annual Aztec Soccer Labor Day Classic at Citizens Bank Field in Lancaster; more than 200 teams played from 20 premier soccer clubs.
There are many Aztec training/playing facilities:
- Danvers Indoor Sports (primary location)
- Soccer ETC
- Waring School
- Pingree School – S. Hamilton; Grass; Training
- Gordon College – Wenham; Turf; Training/Games
- Governor’s Academy – Byfield; Turf/Grass; Camp/Training/Games
- Citizens Bank Fields – Lancaster; Turf/Grass; Tournament/Games
- Medford High School – Medford; Turf; Games
- The Aztec Soccer website is a good menu structure making it easy to find the basics such as team information, contacts, clinics, etc.
- Links to all the major social media making it easy to follow club activities.
- There is no “search” feature which can slow down finding exactly what you’re looking for.
- “Blog” takes you to some generic soccer blog – not Aztec related at all.
- Links on the bottom of the pages all refer to the company that created/manages the site as they source out the work – which is fine and very typical.
Leave your comments and ratings for Aztec Soccer below!