FC Bolts Celtic
[Formerly FC Greater Boston Bolts] was founded in 1986 making it the oldest soccer club in Massachusetts. The club boasts a top level and professional coaching staff. Bolts players come from throughout eastern Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and Rhode Island. The soccer club was one of the original eleven youth soccer clubs selected for the US Soccer Development Academy.
In the Spring of 2012 the FC Greater Boston Bolts was renamed the FC Bolts Celtic along with a new logo; this reflects the club’s development and global reach. The club has affiliations with the 1.) Bayside Bolts in Rhode Island 2.) established FC Londonderry Bolts in New Hampshire and 3.) has a partnership with Celtic FC, the premier soccer club in Glasgow, Scotland. The club’s goal is to continue to expand strategically, providing an opportunity for top players in New England to become part of the Bolts organization.
Older Bolts teams also compete in showcase tournaments throughout the country. Bolts players and alumnae play in college, on the Olympic Development Program, Regional and National pools, and professionally in the US and internationally.
- Bolts Girls Summer Soccer
- Bolts Girls Soccer School (high school prep)
- Bolts Girls Soccer School (developmental)
- Bolts April Vacation Soccer Academy
- Ainscough Soccer
- Spring Goalkeeper Training Sessions
FC Greater Boston has a dedicated Junior Academy to properly educate and develop players in the ages of 5 – 9.
Players learn the proper development skills; technical, tactical, physical, and psychological. All players are accepted and train in small groups broken up by age and ability. Players from the Junior Academy serve as a feeder system into the Bolts boys and girls NEP level teams.
FC Bolts Celtic utilizes some of the top soccer facilities:
- Harvard Soldiers Field Soccer Stadium
- Buckingham, Browne & Nichols School – Edward Field
- Brandeis University – Gordon Field
- Middlesex School
- Citizen’s Bank Fields at Progin Park
- Salem State College
- Mount Ida College
- Framingham State College
- Belmont Hill School
- The Rivers School
- Brimmer & May School – Orr Field
- ForeKicks II
- Sudbury Fieldhouse
- Solomon Schechter Day School
- The Meadowbrook School
- FC Bolts Celtic has an informative and easy-to-use website.
- News and current events are very current and informative for all levels – whether players or coaches or just the casual interested party.
- The site does a great job of highlighting alumni and the origins of the club which dates to 1986.
- The website is “plugged into” the major social media sites allowing great communication.
- No “search” feature allowing users to look for information quickly.
Leave your comments and ratings for FC Bolts Celtic below!